At ITV I'm the rights manager for commercial affairs for ITV network and what we essentially do is acquire rights from producers such as Talkback for the X-Factor where we buy transmissions for the ITV1 and the ITV2 transmission, plus we have exploitation online, so itv.com, we have 30 day catch-up on that website so it's my responsibility to make sure that our dot com team are aware that they have those rights and then they can make that content available for viewers online. My career at ITV started in 1998, I started here on a modern apprenticeships scheme at Granada TV in Manchester, as it was called then, in the HR department, I then went from there to the casting department where I was a casting assistant on lots of different ITV dramas including Coronation Street. I then moved to business affairs, in 2007 I relocated to London and then I came to work in commercial affairs and that's how I've ended up what I'm doing now. I really enjoy working at ITV, hence being here for 13 years, it's really good for opportunities to work in different departments, the environment's great because it's a nice creative atmosphere and everyone's really friendly and approachable and I hope to be here for much longer.
Frequently asked questions
We hope that you will find all the information you need about our Graduate entry opportunities on these pages. However, we are sure you have lots of questions. Here is a selection of commonly asked questions, which we hope will help with your decision making.
1. Can I complete the application form in stages?
2. How will I know whether I have been successful?
3. Will I receive feedback on my application/telephone interview?
4. I graduated last year, am I still eligible to apply?
5. I am in the middle of studying for my degree. Am I eligible to apply this year?
6. What happens if I cannot attend the assessment centres?
7. Do you accept applications from candidates who require a visa?
8. I live abroad, can I apply?
9. Who has access to my details once I’ve applied?
10. What is the basic salary on offer for the graduate roles?
11. I have read the salary on offer and was hoping for a little more. Is there any flexibility?
12. What about equal opportunities?
13. Who can I contact if I have any additional requirements or need support in applying?
14. What will be my annual leave entitlement?
15. Are there other benefits i.e. pension, healthcare, etc?
16. The News Traineeship is a regional scheme – where will I be placed?
17. For the News Traineeship, do I need any specialist knowledge?
18. What happens if I cannot attend the assessment centres?
1. How do I apply for a job at ITV?
2. How do I get my CV or application noticed?
3. Can I upload a show reel?
4. What is ITV’s interview process?
5. Can I apply for more than one position?
6. I have applied for a job at ITV - will I receive a personal response?
7. I was not successful in the application process. Will I get feedback?
10. Can I register as a speculative applicant?
11. I am having issues saving my job submission and application, what should I do?