I'm a finance analyst at ITV, I work within broadcast, specifically within commercial sales, which is the area responsible for basically selling advertising that you watch on TV. I help support the business by providing them with financial information on their budgets, I give them information on specific advertising should they need it and basically just help them with any finance related queries that they have as well. I'm only one part of finance in the sense that there's other finance teams dotted across ITV, so there's the finance team with in studios and there's a finance team based in Manchester as well who do all the accounts payable and account receivable function. Prior to joining ITV I didn't have any media experience, I trained at a large accountancy firm for 4 years where I did my accounting qualification and I practiced in auditing so I went out and audited different companies and then I wanted to get some experience within a business and sort of applied for different companies and thought ITV would give me the best all round experience of just being within a company.
Frequently asked questions
We hope that you will find all the information you need about our Graduate entry opportunities on these pages. However, we are sure you have lots of questions. Here is a selection of commonly asked questions, which we hope will help with your decision making.
1. Can I complete the application form in stages?
2. How will I know whether I have been successful?
3. Will I receive feedback on my application/telephone interview?
4. I graduated last year, am I still eligible to apply?
5. I am in the middle of studying for my degree. Am I eligible to apply this year?
6. What happens if I cannot attend the assessment centres?
7. Do you accept applications from candidates who require a visa?
8. I live abroad, can I apply?
9. Who has access to my details once I’ve applied?
10. What is the basic salary on offer for the graduate roles?
11. I have read the salary on offer and was hoping for a little more. Is there any flexibility?
12. What about equal opportunities?
13. Who can I contact if I have any additional requirements or need support in applying?
14. What will be my annual leave entitlement?
15. Are there other benefits i.e. pension, healthcare, etc?
16. The News Traineeship is a regional scheme – where will I be placed?
17. For the News Traineeship, do I need any specialist knowledge?
18. What happens if I cannot attend the assessment centres?
1. How do I apply for a job at ITV?
2. How do I get my CV or application noticed?
3. Can I upload a show reel?
4. What is ITV’s interview process?
5. Can I apply for more than one position?
6. I have applied for a job at ITV - will I receive a personal response?
7. I was not successful in the application process. Will I get feedback?
10. Can I register as a speculative applicant?
11. I am having issues saving my job submission and application, what should I do?